How to Export FAME Skills Tracker Report
Watch this short video to see how to export student skills records from CourseKey.
Administrators can export student skills tallies daily, weekly or another specified date range into a .CSV file that can then be imported into Freedom. The skills data is exported as a separate file, with the student four digit FAME ID, skills import code (SISID) , amount (0), and date it was completed. Unapproved skills will not appear in the export file.
Important: The date range for the report is based on the "approval date". However, the date that appears on the report itself is the date the student submitted the activity for approval.
Important: Make sure you don't overlap date ranges when running and exporting the file as this will cause duplicate counts within Freedom. It is important that you keep track of the report range you ran last so that you don't overlap your report. For example, if you last ran your report for 7/28/21 - 7/30/21, your next date range for the report will be for 7/31/21 forward.
Creating the FAME Freedom Export File
1. Log in to your CourseKey account and click on Dashboards in the left navigation.
2. Click on Reports tab.
3. Select the FAME Skills report.
Important: Once exported, the file can be saved out and placed in a folder that Freedom has access to. The location should be S:/AcademicsImport. See the Academic Grade Import section for further details on how to set up Freedom so it will be able to import the assessment grades from this report.
Overview of Skills Tracker Export .CSV File
The following provides an overview of the Skills Tracker export .CSV file for import into Freedom.
The Skills Tracker .CSV file provides information related to both the students and the specific items completed and approved. You will not need to make any modifications to the format in order prepare the file for upload/import to Freedom. However, you do need to make sure you complete a one-time set up as outlined in the next section titled: Academic Import Cross Reference.
The following info is provided on the .CSV export file:
- Student ID (i.e. issuedID)
- Academic Import Code (i.e. sisID)
- Individual Skill Count Approved (i.e. 0 = 1 item)
- Skill Completion Date
Important: Once you export the file, you do not need to edit it. It will be ready for uploading into Freedom. Make sure you save the file into the following path: S:/AcademicsImport. If you do not have access to this folder on your computer, please reach out to your IT team to make sure they grant you access.
Admin I Content Training Review and Resource Guides
- How to create and manage programs
- How to create and manage checklists
- How to publish programs and checklists
- How to add students to programs
- How to approve and reject checklist items
- How students submit items for approval
- How students view their progress
- How to change student statuses
- How to add individual or bulk count on behalf of the student
- How to export program skills data out of CourseKey
- How to import program skills data into your Student Information System