How Instructors ensure Asynchronous/Blended Courses are available in CourseKey via LMS
This article walks you through the process to ensure LMS activities worth earned time transfer time data to CourseKey accurately.
In Canvas please complete the following
1. If your course requires EAQs, these must be created and setup BEFORE publishing the course.
2. Your course content will already be designed and content that count for time will be marked with an Asterisk (*). If your course requires EAQs, these must be created and setup BEFORE publishing the course. Confirm that Homework does not have an Asterisk as homework should not count for time.
3. Confirm all assignments that count for time have a due date defined. EAQs for the time being are the exception, but apply them if available. If no due date is assigned, the course end date will serve as the due date. If your permissions are locked, please be sure to confirm the modules and if changes are needed reach out to an administrator.
Access to assignments needs to be controlled with availability dates.
4. Adjustments to Asynchronous time will not be permitted on the CourseKey Portal.
5. Removal of Asynchronous time will not be permitted on the CourseKey Portal.
6. Assignments completed beyond the due date are awarded 0 time.
7. Ensure all Assignments for the duration of the course that count for time are PUBLISHED IN LMS (Canvas). These should NOT be removed once the course starts. Ensure all assignments are ready and complete before publishing. The order of publication is important, be sure to publish each module FIRST and finally publish the course in totality.
Instructor Views in CourseKey
Much of what is required from Instructors will be focused on the respective LMS to ensure seamless posting of time between systems. With this feature there will be some additional tools and visibilities on the CourseKey portal to help with review of time from both synchronous and asynchronous.
Instructors will see the asynchronous versus synchronous data via the Records (formerly Grades) portion of a respective course. The selections are broken down by Overview, Synchronous, Asynchronous. You can also drill down by attendance or assessments.
Note: Each Assignment's time value is determined by the total asynchronous time allocated divided by the number of eligible assignments. If 30 hours are the total and there are 10 eligible assignments, each assignment is worth 3 points.
Please sign in to leave a comment.