Recording Attendance Make Up Time
Within a student's attendance records in CourseKey, school administrators can document when a student completes make-up time for a course. This provides visibility to both instructors and students on their progress in the course and allows their records to be in sync with the SIS.
Locating a Student's Attendance Record
To enter make up time into CourseKey, school administrators must first locate the student's attendance records inside Student Management.
1. Select Students from the left navigation bar.
2. Search and select a student from the table display.
3. Verify you're viewing courses in the secondary navigation and select a course.
Create a New Make Up Record
In the top right corner of the student's attendance record is a green button to 'Add Make Up' time.
Selecting this will open a pop-up modal to enter in the details for the make up time the student completed for the selected course. Enter the following information:
- Date Completed (required) - It is required to enter the date that the student completed the make up time.
- Date Missed (optional) - You also have the option to enter in the original date that the student missed.
- Total Hours and/or Minutes (required). - Enter the total hours and/or minutes that the student completed on the date indicated.
- Notes (optional) - All notes will be visible to both the instructor and student.
Select Save to create a new record. The additional time will be added to the course progress and a new make up record will be added to the session records below.
Selecting the make up record will display the notes along with a history of any changes that have been made.
Make up time is also displayed in the instructor and student attendance gradebook within their course. A Make Up column will display the total time earned for each student in the course. Selecting a student displays all of their attendance sessions, which includes their individual make up sessions for further detail.
Adjust Make Up Time
After a make up record is created, an admin can adjust the dates, time earned, or void the record. Just like any attendance adjustment, all changes will be documented. When viewing a make up record from user management within the admin portal (or from within a course gradebook), select the 'Adjust Make Up' button in the top right corner. The adjustment panel will open on the right hand side of the screen.
Selecting to adjust the record will require that all fields be re-entered with the correct information including the dates, time and notes. The previous data will be voided and will remain in the record details.
A make up record cannot be deleted, but selecting to void the record will remove all awarded time. The record will remain with the detailed history and an optional note can be entered that will be visible to both the instructor and student.