How to Use the Course Chat
CourseKey’s course chat can be used by students and instructors to communicate with the whole class both inside and outside of the classroom. It is often used by students to ask questions to their peers or to form study groups and by instructors to share supplemental course materials.
Sending and Receiving Messages
1. Open the CourseKey mobile app and select a course.
2. A blue dot on the Chat tile indicates new messages. Press the tile to enter the chatroom.
3. Enter a message and press Send.
Attaching a File
To attach a file to share in the chatroom press the paperclip icon and follow the prompts to select your file. When finished, select Upload.
When new messages are posted in the course chat you will receive a notification on your device. You can disable these notifications from within your profile.
1. Select the profile icon from the app navigation.
2. Toggle Receive Notifications to the desired setting.