How to Edit Attendance Records for Time Based Classes
Locating an Attendance Session
1. From the home screen, select the Course you are working with.
2. Verify that you are viewing Completed Attendance sessions.
This is the default view when you open a course, which also shows the active attendance sessions. If you are viewing different information click on Attendance in the top navigation, and then click Completed in the top right corner.
4. Navigate to the attendance session you would like to make edits to and click on the three vertical green dots for More Options.
5. Click on Attendance List.
Refreshing the Attendance List
In the top right corner of the attendance list pop-up there is a timestamp for when the list was last updated. This will update periodically, but to manually refresh the list with the most current attendance check in information, click the refresh icon.
Updating Attendance Status
Near the top of the attendance list pop-up you can navigate between two views: Attendance and Adjustments.
In the Attendance view, you'll see a list of all students in the course. Each student's status will be indicated on the radio buttons as In, Out, or Absent. If you need to adjust a student's status during an active attendance session, click the radio button in the appropriate column.
Adjusting Attendance Time
The Adjustments view is available to manually add or subtract minutes from the total time earned by a student. This can be completed during an active attendance session, or after an attendance session has closed (depending on your permissions at your campus).
1. Click on Adjustments in the top navigation of the attendance list pop-up. This view will show the total time collected by each student, or the pending time in class if attendance is still in progress.
2. Locate the student that needs an adjustment and click on their name or the green pencil icon to view the detailed transactions.
3. In this view you'll see a list of all check ins and check outs the student had, when they were made, who initiated it, and how much time was collected. Click the Create Adjustment button to add a new row.
4. In the section that opens up, choose a reason from the drop-down list and add a note if choosing “Other.” (This will be displayed to staff and students.)
5. Select from the Adjust Time options.
a. Set Time to Zero
To remove all accrued time for that student's attendance session you can set the total time to zero. This option is only available after a student has checked out, or an attendance session has ended.
b. Make Custom Change
After selecting this option you will enter the total number of minutes to be adjusted (a negative number will subtract from the total). The Total Attended Time will update to show you how your adjustment will change the student's total time for the day.
7. Click Save to make the adjustment.
8. When finished click <Back to return to the list of students, or X to close the pop-up.