How to Use the Instructor Inbox
The Inbox helps you manage course communication with students and build better engagement. All messages are tied to the course they’re sent within and are categorized so instructors can sort by topic or status.
Responding to Messages
1. From the home screen, select the Course you are working with.
2. Click on Inbox in the top navigation.
3. Unread messages will be shown with bold text. Click on a message to bring up the conversation box.
4. Type your message into the text bar at the bottom of the page and click on the Send button.
1. Click on the Attach File button located below the text bar to bring up your device file directory.
2. Select the file you want to upload to your message.
3. Click Open to load the file.
4. Type a message into the text bar. (A file cannot be sent without a message)
4. Click Send.
Filtering Your Messages
Whenever a student responds to a message the thread will become bold again, but if you have a long list of messages you might want to filter these messages to make it easier. You can also filter based on the message topic. Click on the message filter in the top right corner of your inbox and select your criteria.
Anonymous Message Request
Occasionally students will ask questions and request to remain anonymous to their peers. This is usually used in conjunction with the Widget Presentation Tool when questions are displayed to the class during a lecture. You can always reveal the student sender by hovering over the Anonymous Icon .
To clean old message or remove unneeded threads you can use the archive feature to remove the message from the inbox view. To archive a message click on the archive icon located to the right of that message.