How to Create an Observational Assessment
The CourseKey platform allows schools to create observational assessments for instructors and supervisors to digitally score students on their proficiencies against core competency requirements. Observational assessments are created by grouping individual questions from the Create Assessment page.
Create an Observational Assessment
1. Log in to your CourseKey account, choose your course, and locate the Create Assessment page.
2. Click into the folder you want to use to create your assessment.
3. When the folder is selected, click the Create button.
4. Choose Assessment from the drop down menu.
5. Select the questions you want to add to the assessment.
a. To add all questions click on the box next to Select All in the top right corner.
b. To add questions individually, click on each question to add them to the assessment.
c. To add questions from another folder, select that folder and continue adding questions.
6. Review the questions you've added in the preview pane on the right side of the screen.
a. Questions at the top will be first in the assessment. To reorder the questions you can drag and drop.
b. To remove a question from the assessment, click the X in the top right corner of the question.
7. Check the box for Observational Assessment
8. When you're finished adding questions, click Save As.
9. When you see the Create Assessment pop-up, enter the Assessment Name.
10. Click Save.
11. After the assessment is created you can choose to View the Assessment on the Send Assessment page, or click Done to return to the Create Assessment page.
Change a Traditional Assessment to an Observational Assessment
If a traditional assessment has already been created, you can update the assessment to an observational assessment from the Send Assessment page.
1. Locate the assessment on the Send Assessment page.
2. Click on the three vertical green dots to the right of the assessment to show More Options.
3. Check the box next to Observational.