How to Send an Assessment in the Widget
With the CourseKey Widget you can send assessments without interrupting your presentation. Additionally, the Live Results feature can help facilitate group discussion based on class results.
1. Open the CourseKey Widget, log in to your instructor account and choose your course.
2. When you hover over the CourseKey logo three options will appear, click on Send Assessments.
3. A list of all unsent assessments will show. Locate the specific assessment you want to activate.
4. Click the Send button.
5. Choose All at once or One by one
a. All at once releases the entire assessment at once and allows student to work question by question at their own pace.
b. One by one allows for a linear progression of the assessment by releasing one question at a time with start and stop functionality.
6. Click the Send button again to confirm the assessment activation.
After you activate an assessment, you will be prompted to view the Live Results. This feature allows you to monitor the progress of the assessment while gaining insight into the class' progress in real-time.
All at Once
Students can access all questions in the assessment and even change their responses until the assessment is closed by the instructor.
1. Use the arrows to navigate through the Live Results of each question. You can choose to view details on each question, as well as show correct answers and student responses.
2. To return to the Live Results click Open.
3. To end the assessment click Stop Assessment at the top of the Live Results pop-up.
4. Click End to confirm, and click the X to exit.
One by One
One by one lets instructors choose which question to send and exactly when students receive the question, usually to break up the pace of lecture. Instructors can push questions in any order and pause them to come back in another class. Any questions that are skipped will be removed from the grading when the assessment is completed.
1. Use the arrows located on the left and right of the Send button in the top of the live results pop-up to navigate through the questions.
2. Click Send to activate that questions and allow your students time to answer that question.
3. Click Stop when the time is up.
4. Navigate to the next question you want to send and repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. When you're finished sending questions click the 'X' in the top right corner of the Live Results pop-up. This will give you option to Pause or Complete the assessment. You can also select cancel and return to the live assessment.