How to Send a Traditional Assessment
Once you have created an assessment, it will appear on your Send Assessment tab. This article walks you through how to send an assessment for your students to complete.
1. Log in to your CourseKey account, choose your course, and locate the Send Assessment page.
2. Locate the specific assessment you want to activate.
3. Click the Send button.
4. Choose All at once or One by one
a. All at once releases the entire assessment at once and allows student to work question by question at their own pace.
b. One by one allows for a linear progression of the assessment by releasing one question at a time with start and stop functionality.
5. Click the Send button again to confirm the assessment activation.
After you activate an assessment, you will be prompted to view the Live Results. This feature allows you to monitor the progress of the assessment while gaining insight into the class' progress in real-time.
All at Once
Students can access all questions in the assessment and even change their responses until the assessment is closed by the instructor.
1. To close the window but keep the assessment running you can minimize the live results.
2. To return to the Live Results click Open.
3. To close the assessment click Stop Assessment at the bottom of the Live Results pop-up.
One by One
One by one lets instructors choose which question to send and exactly when students receive the question, usually to break up the pace of lecture. Instructors can push questions in any order and pause them to come back in another class. Any questions that are skipped will be removed from the grading when the assessment is completed.
1. Use the arrows in the bottom corners of the live results pop-up to navigate through the questions.
2. Click Send Question to allow your students time to answer that question.
3. Click Stop Question when the time is up.
4. Navigate to the next question you want to send and repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. When you're finished sending questions click the 'X' in the top right corner of the Live Results pop-up. This will give you option to Pause or Complete the assessment. You can also select cancel and return to the live assessment.