How to Create a Pen Question
Here we will discuss the details of creating a pen question in the CourseKey platform. For the basics of creating a question check out the article:
A pen question allows students to submit a response that is drawn freehand in a blank space provided, or on top of an uploaded photo. This question type cannot be autoscored.
Once you've selected Pen as your question type, follow these steps to complete the creation of your question.
1. Enter a question prompt in the Compose Question area.
2. Copy and paste the "Image Address" in the Add Image field from any hosted online image.
a. To allow students to draw in a blank box, leave this space empty.
b. To adjust the size of the box, enter the desired width and height (in pixels).
3. In the Image Alternative Text box you can add a description of the photo for screen readers.
4. If desired you can change the line color of the pen. The formats are: "rgb (255, 0, 0)", "rgba (255, 0, 0, 0.8)", "#FFFFFF", "white".
1. Enter the number of points you want awarded for Participation.
2. The width of the pen used the draw can be adjusted under Line Width (in pixels).
3. Confirm your folder selection and click Save.