How to Create a Matching Question
Here we will discuss the details of creating a matching question in CourseKey. For the basics of creating a question check out the article:
A matching question requires students to pair associated items, using one static list and one dynamic list. Once you've selected Matching as your question type, follow these steps to complete the creation of your question.
1. Enter a question prompt in the Compose Question area.
2. Enter your text in to the Stimulus List.
The Stimulus List is located in the left column below the compose question area. The text entered here will appear as a static list, which the student will match responses to.
3. Enter your text in to the Possible Responses.
The Possible Responses list is located in the right column below the compose question area. The text entered will appear as a list of possible responses that the student can select an answer from.
Set Correct Answers
1. Enter the number of Points you want awarded for a correct answer
2. Set the correct answer by dragging and dropping the possible responses in to the correct location next to the stimulus list.
a. To allow the responses to be used infinite times check the box for duplicate responses. This means a response is reusable and will not disappear from the possible responses container.
b. To display the response options in a different order each time the question is rendered, check the box for Shuffle Options.
c. To set an Alternate correct answer, click the blue plus sign.
1. Choose the Scoring Type
a. Exact Match: Student must answer all parts of the question correct to receive a mark.
b. Partial Match Per Response: Each correct response element will be awarded an individual score.
c. Partial Match: Each correct response element will be scored individually and the overall question score will be divided between responses.
2. Enter the number of points you want awarded for Participation.
3. Confirm your folder selection and click Save.