How to Create a Fill in the Blank Question
Here we will discuss the details of creating a Fill in the Blank question in CourseKey. For the basics of creating a question check out the article:
How to Create Questions for Assessments
Fill in the Blank questions let you ask students questions with blank response boxes to insert the missing word or phrase. Once you’ve chosen this question type, follow the steps below to finish creating your question.
Fill in the Blank Questions
1. Enter a question prompt in the Compose Question area.
2. In the Template Markup section, enter your text. You can add blanks by clicking the Insert Response button in the Editor wherever you want a blank to appear.
a. To add more response options click on the +ADD button.
b. To remove a response option click on the Trash Icon to the right of the response.
c. To rearrange response options, drag and drop using the three horizontal lines on the left.
Set Correct Answers
1. Enter the number of Points you want awarded for a correct answer
2. Enter the Correct Answer in the answer boxes.
a. To set an Alternate correct answer click the blue plus sign.
b. To remove an alternate answer click on the Trash Icon on the right when viewing that answer.
1. Choose the Scoring Type
a. Exact Match: Student must answer all parts of the question correct to receive points.
b. Partial Match Per Response: Each correct response element will be awarded individual points.
c. Partial Match: Each correct response element will be scored individually and the overall points will be divided between responses.
2. Enter the number of points you want awarded for Participation.
Participation is the total number of points that will be awarded if the student enters an incorrect answer. Participation points are not added in addition to the points awarded for a correct answer.
3. Confirm your folder selection and click Save.
Please sign in to leave a comment.