What Does the Attendance Dashboard Do?
CourseKey's attendance dashboard provides campus leadership with optics into the day's class-by-class attendance behavior in real-time, making it easier for campus leadership to spot classes with low attendance.
- Schools using the Time-Based System (Clock-Hour) will see which students are checked-in, checked-out, and absent.
- Schools using the Point-Based System (Credit Hour) will see which students are on-time, late, and absent.
- Only administrators with editing permissions will be able to adjust a student's attendance status through the dashboard. Additionally, time windows for editing can be applied to the school to limit when adjustments can be made.
How Do I Get Attendance Dashboard Access?
The dashboards are only accessible by opting-in for early access. Based on your role in your organization, you may be granted access by campus leadership or might need to request it individually.
There are two levels of visibility access:
- Organization-Wide Access - allows access to view daily attendance activity across all campus locations within the entire organization
- Location-Specific Access - allows access to view daily attendance activity at specific campuses within the organization
To request early access, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your organization and role to schedule an introductory walkthrough. Once access is granted, the next time you log in there will be a green "ADMIN HOME" button in the top right of your screen.
Clicking this button will take you to the Attendance Dashboard.
Viewing the Attendance Dashboard
Once you are in the ADMIN HOME, you can alternate the view between the following daily class statuses:
- Active - current classes in session with attendance data calculated and displayed in real-time as students check in and out of class
- Completed - classes completed with attendance data calculation finalized
- Scheduled - upcoming classes that are scheduled later in the day
Auditing Class Attendance Activity
Clicking on any class tile will retrieve the daily Attendance List for the class.
The Attendance List will categorize students from the class roster by their attendance status.
The More Options icon (three green dots) next to each student will allow administrators with VIEW-ONLY access to see the data and those with EDIT permissions to make necessary adjustments.