How To Create Questions in CourseKey
This article will look at the basics of creating and managing questions and content inside of CourseKey. There are six types of questions that can be authored from the [Create Assessment] page and each question is stored in the folder designated during the creation process.
- STEP 1: Enter your course and go to the [Create Assessment] page and click on the Create button.
- STEP 2: Select Question drop down options.
- STEP 3: Choose the type of question you want to create.
- STEP 4: Complete the question configuration and authoring.
- STEP 5: Click the Save button to complete the creation process.
CourseKey's author tools provide an intuitive platform for content experts, publishers and teachers to create rich question types, technology-enhanced items and complex page layouts. Each question type allows for custom authoring to match your content and teaching needs.
Viewing Questions in Folders
When you select a folder from your list it will display all questions to the right. Each question created will display a tag to indicate the question type. One of each type of question is highlighted in the image below.
When you hover over a question in the folder three icons will appear in the top right with options to help manage your question banks.
The Duplicate feature allows you to quickly copy a question. This is useful when you want to make both participation and graded versions of questions or need to create a similar question with minor modifications.
- STEP 1: Hover over a question and click the Duplicate icon and the duplicate will appear in the folder the original question is in. You can then edit the question and move it to another folder, change the grading type, etc.
In the event you need to update, correct or modify a question you can do this with the Edit feature. Note that only questions in the [Create Assessment] page will reflect these changes. Any questions already saved in an assessment will not reflect these changes (see note below for more information).
- STEP 1: Hover over the question you want to edit and click the Pencil icon to bring up the question editor.
- STEP 2: Make the needed changes to the question content and/or configuration.
- STEP 3: Click the Update Question button at the bottom of the editor to save the changes.
IMPORTANT: WHEN YOU EDIT A QUESTION IN A FOLDER IN THE [CREATE ASSESSMENT] PAGE THE CHANGES WILL NOT REFLECT IN ANY QUESTIONS ALREADY GROUPED INTO AN ASSESSMENT.
TO DO THIS YOU WILL NEED TO DO ONE OF TWO THINGS:
(1) DELETE AND REMAKE THE ASSESSMENT WITH THE UPDATED QUESTION
(2) EDIT THE QUESTION IN THE ASSESSMENT ON THE [SEND ASSESSMENT] PAGE
Whenever you no longer need a question and want to remove it from your question bank use the Delete feature.
- STEP 1: Hover over the question you want to delete and click the Trash Can icon.
- STEP 2: Click the Delete button to confirm the question deletion.