Employment Survey: Templated Form for Cortex Placement Workspace
The employment survey is a templated survey form that Cortex clients can distribute to students via link through Cortex automations or any communication channel of their choice via the Placement workspace and report or analyze results from there.
Depending on the school’s integration between CourseKey and their SIS, the employment data submitted by the students can either populate a Placement Record (linked to Skills Tracker Programs directly within CourseKey), or the responses can be exported and entered into the school’s SIS (which will then be retrieved by CourseKey through our integration).
- Admins can create Employment Surveys for their schools.
A new page for the Employment survey is displayed under Applications (in the updated navigation) and is available to all Cortex Admins that have permission to access Forms.
Selecting Forms in the top navigation will display all Employment Surveys that are available to the schools where admin has permission.
Admin can select to preview each Employment Survey.
Admins can select to create a new Employment Survey with the button in the top right. They’ll select their schools, settings, title and description, and a survey will be created with a default set of questions:
- Admins can edit Employment Surveys available to their schools.
From the Forms tab, an Admin can select to edit an Employment Survey.
When editing a survey, the admin can adjust:
- Survey Title
- Survey Description
- The text of the question
- The purpose of the question should remain the same since each question is mapped to a particular data point, however they may want to phrase the question different (example: compensation vs salary)
- Whether or not the question is required for a student to submit
- Whether or not the question is included in the survey (visible).
Due to its nature as a templated form that depends on certain fields and structure for integrated systems (as well as compliance), we do not allow custom questions for the Employment Survey at this time. Such features are supported by our Custom Forms product -- contact your Client Success Manager if that product is more appropriate to your needs.
- Admins can distribute the Employment Survey via link
Each survey will have a designated link that can be distributed by email or through Cortex automations. When the student selects the link they will be routed to complete the survey on their CourseKey mobile app. (If they no longer have the app, the link will open the survey in a browser).
- Students can view and submit their survey on the web or CK mobile app.
Students must be logged in to CourseKey to submit the survey. When the survey is submitted we will validate that the student completed all of the required questions, and that the student’s school matches the school assigned to the survey.
- Admins can view student survey submissions.
On the main page of the employment survey, an Admin can view all student survey submissions. They can filter submissions by:
- Submission Date
- Form Status (Pending, Approved, Rejected)
- Admins can approve/reject survey submissions.
When an admin selects to view a survey submission they can select to ‘Approve’ or ‘Reject’ a pending submission.
Each survey has a setting:
Update The Placement Record on Submission Approval: True/False
- If the client is integrated and we are retrieving student Placement Records from their SIS, this setting should be set to False.
- If the client is not integrated, and the client wishes to document placement information inside CourseKey, this setting should be set to True.
For non-integrated clients (Setting =True), approving a survey submission will update the students placement status in their Skills Tracker program and create a ‘Placement Record’ within CourseKey. This information will provide data for the Placement and (future) Compliance spaces. Integrated customers should see our article on Placement Statuses for more information.
- Admins can export survey submissions.
On the submissions page, an admin can select to export survey submissions. The information included in the export will be dependent on the filters selected.
**For clients with a system of record for placement information that is not CourseKey, this can allow them to easily export all approved submissions to enter into their SIS/CRM. The ability for integrated clients to post survey submissions programmatically to the SIS is not supported at this time.
Article is closed for comments.