Last Activity Recorded (LAR)
The LAR serves as an indicator of students’ engagement in their courses. CourseKey supports schools tracking LDA by recording and updating the LAR, to reflect the last activity date of a student’s engagement in certain in-scope activities that are carried out within the CourseKey application or an integrated school’s Learning Management System (LMS).
Student’s in-scope activities that update a student’s LAR to the date completed, include:
- Checking in and out of synchronous attendance sessions
- Starting and/or submitting assessments delivered in the CourseKey app
- Completing activities in asynchronous and blended courses in the LMS, including online assignments, quizzes/surveys, discussion topics, and external tool assignments (specific to school policy and course-specific setup, and requires an integration)
Instructor/school administrator’s in-scope activities (markers) that update a student’s LAR to the date completed, include:
- Recording a makeup for course attendance time on the date completed by the student
- Adjusting a student's attendance record(s) for a past attendance session, to edit the check-in and/or check-out time manually, or to override or award full-time
Other system events/activities not listed above are out of scope. Some specific examples are:
- Logging in or out of the CourseKey app
- Adding or dropping a course
- Sending a message (to an instructor or support)
- Completing (or approving) a Skills Tracker checklist item
- Grading an assessment completed by the student in the CourseKey app
- Grading asynchronous activities completed by the student in the LMS
In the case of adjustments to events/activities that pre-date the current LAR date, the last activity date reported is unaffected.
Please sign in to leave a comment.