Attendance Technology Overview
All CourseKey attendance sessions can be run on a pre-designated schedule. This allows instructors to specify time periods in which students can be marked on time versus late. A second check in provides insight into which students, if any, are leaving class early.
Get in touch with us to explore the options and figure out which is the best fit for your classes.
Sound attendance uses ultra-high frequency tones to check students in, undetectable to the human ear. The tone is emitted from the classroom computer and picked up by the student device.
- Sound doesn’t pass through doors or walls, therefore guaranteeing students are actually inside the classroom.
- Most accurate attendance solution on the planet.
- Students have to check in for class via the CourseKey app on their mobile phones, rather than through the web browser.
A geofence is drawn around a classroom or externship site and students check themselves in via location services through their preferred device.
- Can be used through any device, whether accessing CourseKey through the app or web.
- Preferred option for accurate attendance at externship sites.
- Accuracy varies depending on the student device, with newer devices providing better accuracy.
QR Code Attendance
A unique QR code is generated each class session for students to scan through their mobile phones.
- The option to print makes this the easiest solution for classes not fully ready to leap from paper to digital.
- Requires students to use CourseKey through a device with camera functionality.