Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
The Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) allows you to select one or more correct answer(s) from a number of potential answers. There are various Layout customization options in this question – block or inline, labeling, and columns.
Figure 1 - Multiple Choice question example.
Creating a MCQ
Enter a question stem in the Compose Question area. Below you will see the Multiple Choice Options where you list the possible response options for the question. In order to add more response option boxes click on +Add. To remove a response option click on the trash can icon to the right. The button to the left of each field allows you to re-order how the Multiple choice options appear to the student, through simple drag and drop.
Figure 2 - MCQ question basic parameters.
Follow these steps to set a valid answer:
- Insert a value in the Point(s) box to set up a mark for the question. The default is set to 1.
- In the Correct tab, select the correct response(s) from the list of options, as shown in Figure 2.
- To allow the student to select more than one correct response, enable the Multiple Responses option.
- MCQ is scored by Exact Match, Partial Match per Response and Partial Match.
- Shuffle Options will display the response options in a different order each time the question is rendered.
The following scoring types are available in MCQ Multiple Response question types:
- Exact Match - Student must answer all parts of the question correct to receive a mark.
- Partial Match Per Response - Each correct response element will be awarded an individual score.
- Partial Match - Each correct response element will be scored individually and the overall question score will be divided between responses.